Contract & Relationship Manager
Contract & Relationship Manager
£32,903 - £36,808 per annum Plus Benefits
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of Watford’s ambitions to develop a sustainable transport strategy for the town. One of the Elected Mayors, Peter Taylor, has a manifesto commitment to improve public transport across the Borough.
Watford Borough Council is currently working on a number of initiatives that fit within an overall Sustainable Transport programme and support the delivery of a number of our Corporate Plan priorities by being fully accessible, more affordable and with a greater use of digital technologies.
The programme aims to relieve the congestion on Watford’s roads/parking, move to more sustainable modes of travel and improve air quality, particularly in the light of additional housing growth planned for Watford over the next 10 years.
The Contract & Relationship Manager will have responsibility for overseeing the delivery of the services by our partners for the Bike Hire scheme, Demand Responsive Transport (DRT) and the Watford Transport App transport contracts.
To join us as our Contract & Relationship Manager, you will need:
- To be an experienced contract and relationship manager, with a proven track record of delivering and managing contracts.
- You will be responsible for monitoring the operational delivery and performance of the three transport contracts. The post holder will be required to present detailed scrutiny of performance data, identifying trends and performance issues.
- You will deliver effective budget management including analysis of the contract payment mechanisms, alongside capital and revenue budgets.
- You will ensure that our partners deliver the transport schemes in-line with the agreed service specification and in accordance with the contract’s key performance indicators.
- You will have highly developed digital, verbal and written communication skills, and be able to translate financial and statistical information into sustainable transport contracts that deliver improved outcomes for Watford residents.
- You will be innovative in your approach and appreciate the importance of collaboration, stakeholder engagement and co-production in the development of solutions for a modern, digitally enabled transport environment.
If you want to join Watford, have a proactive attitude and can demonstrate an ability to get things done, then we want to hear from you.
For an informal discussion about this post or for further details, please contact Chris Fennell, Head of Leisure and Environmental Services.
Closing date: Friday 11th October
Interviews will take place on Thursday 24th October
To apply for the role of Contract & Relationship Manager, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Contract & Relationship Manager, Contract Manager, Relationship Manager, Transport Contract Manager, Supplier Relationship Manager, Contracts Manager, Public Transit Manager, Public Transport Contract Manager.