Head of Corporate Asset Management
Head of Corporate Asset Management
Close date: 10th January 2021
Interviews week commencing 18th January 2021
We are Watford Borough Council, a Local Authority dedicated to making Watford a great place to live and work.
We are looking for a Head of Corporate Asset Management to take on a critical role in our organisation to lead the management and development of our operational and community asset portfolio.
- Salary of circa £63,000 (inclusive of a Market Factor supplement)
- 28 days’ holiday rising with service, in addition to Bank Holidays
- Local government pension scheme
- Fantastic discounts including reduced gym membership and retail savings across various well-known brands
- Flexible working options
- Staff and their families have access to free, confidential advice and counselling staff 24/7
- We’ll offer you an interest free loan, so you can buy a season ticket for the bus, train or tube, or if you want to buy a bike
This is an incredible role for a hands-on leader to get involved and be a key part of transformation within Watford Borough Council.
As a qualified and experienced property professional, you will bring a high level of enthusiasm and drive to our organisation, with a commercial mindset coupled with a determination to achieve real change that positively impacts upon the organisation. We have already started the journey to transform the management of our operational and community asset portfolio, but there is still much to do.
We are an ambitious and forward thinking authority and your role will be to drive continued transformation to deliver a best practice approach to our management of these assets to ensure that they deliver maximum value to the community of Watford.
So, if you are looking for something different, something amazing and something where you can really get involved and make a difference, this is the role for you.
As the Head of Corporate Asset Management, you will be tasked with managing Watford Borough Council’s operational and community property portfolio, delivering guidance and direction to the organisation via a corporate landlord approach within a dedicated asset management framework.
You will also have overall responsibility for facilities management services across the council’s operational estate.
Your role will also involve:
- Developing and implementing asset management plans
- Managing operational assets, property and wider council facilities from a corporate landlord perspective
- Maximising asset and property opportunities across the council’s built environment portfolio
- Directly managing the Town Hall facilities and related operational buildings occupied by council staff
- Taking charge of Health & Safety at council properties and ensuring compliance with applicable statutory requirements
- Management of a team of nine staff within the Corporate Asset Management service
- Senior management responsibilities within the council including as a member of the council’s Management Board
To be considered as the Head of Corporate Asset Management, you will need:
- To be an experienced and qualified Chartered Surveyor - General Practice division
- Demonstrable experience of developing and delivering corporate landlord functions across multi-use property portfolios
- Experience of managing assets, property and facilities management services in a large, busy, varied environment, including managing service contracts
- Previous experience of direct line management and of driving a cultural change and changing performance
- A commercial mindset
An appreciation of public sector challenges or experience of working within the public sector would be beneficial to your application.
If you would like to know more about this opportunity, please get in touch.
A basic DBS check will be carried out for this post.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as the Head of Corporate Asset Management, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Head of Facilities, Head of Facilities Management, Head of Property Management, Head of Asset Management, or Property Portfolio Manager.