Digital Service Development Manager
Digital Service Development Manager
Watford is a small district, but we think big. Over the last five years we have successfully delivered a wide range of ambitious schemes that have delivered major improvements to the town and the quality of life experienced by our residents.
Our major internal corporate transformation programme is part of that. In August 2017, we embarked on the Watford 2020 transformation programme, to transform the entire organisation into a customer-focused, digitally enabled and commercially minded council by 2020.
Central to this programme was the development and delivery of user-focussed digital frontline services, provided through our website and customer relationship management platform. Over 200 digital processes are now available online to both customers and staff, helping us to achieve our digital ambitions and allowing customers to self-serve through our website.
To ensure the continued success of our digital programme, we are now looking for a Digital Service Development Manager to lead the ongoing improvements and developments of frontline services to deliver the best customer experience.
As the Digital Service Development Manager within the fast-paced digital improvement team at Watford Borough Council, you will be responsible for leading a small team to further develop the use of our digital platforms, identify and drive improvements to our processes through customer feedback, data analysis and utilising advances in the technologies available.
- Experience of redesigning services to be shaped around the needs of customers and making effective use of technology and digital solutions to ensure they are delivered as effectively and efficiently as possible
- Extensive experience, within a structured programme or portfolio environment, of designing and building complex processes, with a proven ability to deliver specified outcomes within agreed time limits
- Experience of technical project management to deliver a range of changes to websites and Customer Relationship Management systems
- Experience of working collaboratively with complex services to review and improve specific processes and ways of working
- Experience of analysing and interpreting data (including customer insight and user research) and translating into effective business solutions
- Experience of identifying and managing the integration of complex organisational and bespoke systems and liaising with suppliers to ensure clear understanding of costs, resources and timelines
User-centred process design - Able to design and build frontline services that customers can easily access through our online channels. Understands and implements style and standards.
User focus - Able to translate user needs into processes that meets these needs and engages users. Puts users first and can manage competing priorities. Identifies and engages with users and stakeholders to collate user needs evidence and understands and defines research which fits user needs. Able to use quantitative and qualitative data about users to turn user focus into outcomes.
Stakeholder relationship management - Able to communicate with stakeholders clearly and regularly, consulting with internal stakeholders and subject matter experts on process design, web content and user journeys, whilst focusing on user needs and championing the customer experience.
Agile working - Has the ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving environment and utilises an iterative method and flexible approach to enable rapid delivery. Appreciates the importance of agile project delivery for digital projects.
People Management - Management of the digital team and specialist technical consultancy resource to deliver the continuous service improvement programme relating to digital frontline services
Identifying, planning and delivering the pipeline of improvements and changes, to the council website and Customer Relationship Management system, determining the system and business implications of proposed changes.
See the detailed job description for further information on the role.
Other companies may call this role Digital Service Improvement Manager, Digital Project Manager, Digital Transformation Manager, or Project Delivery Manager.
Working in Watford
Watford is a growing and prosperous town, with a lot to offer those who work here. There are not many town centres that can boast:
- A market-leading large indoor shopping centre, with many top brands, a cinema, bowling and places to eat
- Good, safe pedestrian access around town
- One of the longest high streets in England
- Three theatres
- A library and leisure centre; a conservation area too
- A market
- A large water feature and performance area with an amazing events programme
- Public art; a premier league football club and a great college
- Two main railway line stations
- Excellent parking facilities and transport links
Working at the Town Hall, you'll be well placed to enjoy all Watford has to offer, and getting to work will be no problem. We are the fifth best connected area in the UK, with a journey time of just 18 minutes into London, Euston by rail; with easy access to London Underground or London Overground networks. Watford is also located at the intersection of two of the country's busiest roads; the M1 and M25; and has excellent bus services into and out of the town.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Digital Service Development Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.