ICT Project Manager
ICT Project Manager (18 Month FTC)
Are you a project management professional with an IT background? Looking to take on a rewarding contract where you can make a real impact (and avoid the London commute)?
If so, this is a brilliant opportunity to play an integral role in the ongoing transformation of a forward-thinking organisation.
Watford is an urban borough in South West Hertfordshire; the borough has excellent transport links with mainline rail connections to London. Watford is the centre of a sub region serving around 500,000 people living within a 20 minute travelling time catchment. As part of the London commuter belt, Watford is strongly influenced by London which brings the benefits of a buoyant economy.
We are an ambitious council that thinks big and we live up to our motto of being bold. We have exciting plans to deliver service innovations across our organisation and our ICT Service is playing a key role in realising this goal.
So far, the team have almost completed the delivery of a ground-up infrastructure refresh across two local authorities. They’ve implemented solutions including Nimble, ComVault, cloud-based technologies and a large OS refresh across the server and desktop estate.
We’re now looking for a ICT Project Manager to join us on an 18 month fixed-term contract to support the next phase of our transformation, which will include the expansion of mobile technologies, O365 and more.
- Salary of £38,788 - £42,779 pro rata
- Pension scheme with generous employer contribution
- Flexible working
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Discounted leisure centre membership
- Employee volunteering schemes
- Access to a branded shopping discounts platform and discounted activities and days out
- 28 days’ holiday - rising to 33 days with 5 years’ service
This is a fantastic opportunity to play an important part in the evolution of an organisation that is passionate about making Watford an incredible place to live and work.
You will have the chance to help drive our operations to the next level, which in turn, will enable us to better serve our community and invest in the future of our town.
So, if you want to get involved with a portfolio of exciting projects and work alongside a progressive and innovative team, we want to hear from you.
As an ICT Project Manager, you will oversee tech-enabled change projects to support the ongoing transformation of the Council.
Leading complex projects, both within our ICT Service and for other departments, you will:
- Ensure that projects are delivered to time, budget and specification
- Work with stakeholders to define project objectives, capabilities and benefits
- Make sure that testing is carried out, reviewed and approved between appropriate parties
- Ensure that solutions are maintainable and appropriately documented
- Adhere to security, risk and change control procedures
- Manage budgets
To be considered as an ICT Project Manager, you will need:
- Experience in a project management role
- Experience of managing a portfolio of projects
- Demonstrable experience within an IT environment
- Knowledge of project management approaches and delivery methods within an IT environment
- A PRINCE2 qualification (or equivalent)
Other organisations may call this role ICT Project Manager, IT Project Manager, Change Project Manager, Project Delivery Manager, Transformation Project Manager, or Programme Manager.
Closing Date: 30th October 2020
For an informal discussion please contact Rekha Das - Senior Project Manager on 01923 278978.
A basic DBS check will be carried out for this post.