ICT PMO Co-ordinator
ICT PMO Co-ordinator (18 Month FTC)
Are you a project management professional with an IT background? Looking to take on a rewarding contract where you can make a real impact (and avoid the London commute)?
If so, this is a brilliant opportunity to play an integral role in the ongoing transformation of a forward-thinking organisation.
Watford is an urban borough in South West Hertfordshire; the borough has excellent transport links with mainline rail connections to London. Watford is the centre of a sub region serving around 500,000 people living within a 20 minute travelling time catchment. As part of the London commuter belt, Watford is strongly influenced by London which brings the benefits of a buoyant economy.
We are an ambitious council that thinks big and we live up to our motto of being bold. We have exciting plans to deliver service innovations across our organisation and our ICT Service is playing a key role in realising this goal.
So far, the team have almost completed the delivery of a ground-up infrastructure refresh across two local authorities. They’ve implemented solutions including Nimble, ComVault, cloud-based technologies and a large OS refresh across the server and desktop estate.
We’re now looking for an ICT PMO Co-ordinator to join us on an 18 month fixed-term contract to support the next phase of our transformation, which will include the expansion of mobile technologies, O365 and more.
- Salary of £33,808 - £37,808
- Pension scheme with generous employer contribution
- Flexible working
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Discounted leisure centre membership
- Employee volunteering schemes
- Access to a branded shopping discounts platform and discounted activities and days out
- 28 days’ holiday - rising to 33 days with 5 years’ service
This is a fantastic opportunity to play an important part in the evolution of an organisation that is passionate about making Watford an incredible place to live and work.
You will have the chance to help drive our operations to the next level, which in turn, will enable us to better serve our community and invest in the future of our town.
So, if you want to get involved with a portfolio of exciting projects and work alongside a progressive and innovative team, we want to hear from you.
As an ICT PMO Co-ordinator, you will oversee tech-enabled change projects to support the ongoing transformation of the Council.
Leading complex projects, both within our ICT Service and for other departments, you will:
• Prepare timely and insightful reports and governance material in line with the ICT service delivery plans – including status, financials, schedule, risks/issues and change requests
• Work closely with projects and programs to ensure the compliance with project management frameworks and methodologies, and all governance requirements
• Provide ICT PMO methodology, tools and templates support to projects and programs
• Scheduling and pipeline management of the ICT delivery plan as required
• Notifying the Senior Project Manager of any issues or risks impacting part or all delivery plan
To be considered as an ICT PMO Co-ordinator, you will need:
- Extensive experience in a project management role
- Experience of managing a portfolio of projects
- Demonstrable experience within an IT environment
- Knowledge of project management approaches and delivery methods within an IT environment
- A PRINCE2 qualification (or equivalent)
- Proven ability to work within a team and also independently
- Proven ability to engage with program and project managers
Closing Date: 30th October 2020
For an informal discussion please contact Rekha Das on 01923 278978
A basic DBS check will be carried out for this post.