About Watford Borough Council:
Watford is an urban borough in South West Hertfordshire; The borough has excellent transport links with mainline rail connections to London. Watford is the centre of a sub region serving around 500,000 people living within a 20 minute travelling time catchment. As part of the London commuter belt Watford is strongly influenced by London which brings the benefits of a buoyant economy.
At a glance:
- £1.4bn local investment happening – mix of public and private funding
- 5 major development and regeneration projects happening
- 3500 registered businesses
- Higher than average working age population
- Skilled workforce
- Affordable local housing market
- Home to many major international head offices
What we are looking for:
We are looking for someone to join the Transport and Infrastructure team as a Traffic Engineer. Working within this small yet productive team, your responsibilities will include:
- Processing requests for traffic regulation orders and other traffic and car parking projects across the borough
- Providing advice to council members and senior management with regard to decision making on parking issues
- Providing strategic and technical advice and to prepare project briefs & procure consultants
- Delivering our larger parking schemes and other investigations when required
- Consulting and leading on the implementation of CPZ and non CPZ Traffic Regulation Orders, including the design and supervision of works, to maintain the register of requests for traffic and parking improvements and prepare an annual programme of works for parking, non-parking projects
What you will need:
- Excellent technical and communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate detailed understanding and application of relevant design standards and regulations
- Ability to work with members and senior management and assisting with meeting and presentations
- Knowledge and experience of developing design solutions to traffic engineering problems
- Knowledge or experience in management design
What we offer:
- Salary of £38,788 - £42,779
- 28 days’ holiday - rising to 33 days with five years’ service
- A generous employer contribution pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Professional development
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Discounted leisure centre membership
- Edenred branded shopping discounts platform
Closing Date: 21st May 2021
For an informal discussion, please contact the Head of Transport and Infrastructure.
A basic DBS will be carried out for this post.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Traffic Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Traffic Planner, Highways Engineer, Highways Planner, Traffic Management Planner, or Traffic Management Engineer.