About Watford Borough Council
Watford is an urban borough in South West Hertfordshire. The borough has excellent transport links with mainline rail connections to London. Watford is the centre of a sub region serving around 500,000 people living within a 20 minute travelling time catchment. As part of the London commuter belt, Watford is strongly influenced by London which brings the benefits of a buoyant economy.
At a glance
- £1.4bn local investment happening – a mix of public and private funding
- Five major development and regeneration projects happening
- 3,500 registered businesses
- Higher than average working age population
- Skilled workforce
- Affordable local housing market
- Home to many major international head offices
What we are looking for:
We are looking for someone to join the Traffic and Parking Engineering Team. Working within this small yet dedicated section, your responsibilities will include processing requests for traffic regulation orders and other traffic and car parking projects across the borough and providing advice to council members and senior management with regard to decision making on parking issues.
The team are also responsible for delivering our larger parking schemes and other Traffic and Highway projects including strategic and technical advice in preparation for project briefs and procurement requirements. Your role will also include works such as consulting on and implementing CPZ and non CPZ Traffic Regulation Orders, design and supervision of works, maintaining the register of requests for traffic and parking improvements.
You will work closely with the Senior Traffic Engineer in ensuring that all work streams are managed in a timely manner, this will also include updating the annual programme of works for parking, and non-parking projects.
This role would be ideally suited to someone who is looking to develop their knowledge and interest with all things parking, Watford Borough Council continually support the professional development of their staff and your career progression. We are happy to support you in your development and technical skills within this position.
You will need:
- Excellent technical and communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate detailed understanding and application of relevant design standards and regulations
- Ability to work with members and senior management and assisting with meetings and presentations
- Knowledge and experience of developing design solutions to traffic engineering problems
- Ability to chair and facilitate member/stakeholder meetings
What we offer:
- Salary of £38,788 - £42,779 per annum
- 28 days’ holiday per annum (rising to 33 days for long service)
- Pension scheme with generous employer contribution
- Flexible working
- Learning and development opportunities
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted leisure centre membership
- Employee volunteering schemes
- Access to a branded shopping discounts platform and discounted activities and days out
Closing date: 5th October 2021
For an informal discussion please contact the Senior Traffic Engineer.
A basic DBS check will be carried out for this post.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.