About Watford Borough Council
Watford is an urban borough in South West Hertfordshire; The borough has excellent transport links with mainline rail connections to London. Watford is the centre of a sub region serving around 500,000 people living within a 20 minute travelling time catchment. As part of the London commuter belt Watford is strongly influenced by London which brings the benefits of a buoyant economy.
At a glance
• £1.4bn local investment happening – mix of public and private funding
• 5 major development and regeneration projects happening
• 3500 registered businesses
• Higher than average working age population
• Skilled workforce
• Affordable local housing market
• Home to many major international head offices
The Role:- Watford Museum is looking for 2 Museum Collections Officers to work with us on a fixed term of 2 years. These officers will work with our small team and help us achieve our collections review and place Watford Museum in an excellent position for future plans.
What we are looking for:- An enthusiastic museum professionals who would like the opportunity to work with a broad range of collections from fine art to archaeology. The successful applicants will have experience of collections care and cataloging in a museum setting and will look forward to the exciting challenge of helping with our collections review
- Salary of £26,379 - £28,639
- Local government pension scheme
- Fantastic discounts including reduced gym membership and retail savings across the district
- Work with senior town officials, including the Mayor
- Staff and their families have access to a free, confidential advice and counselling staff 24/7
- 28 days’ holiday rising with service, in addition to Bank Holidays
Closing Date: 14 November 2021
For an informal discussion please contact Sarah Priestley on 01923 232297
A basic DBS check will be carried out for this post.